Career and College Promise (CCP) provides seamless dual enrollment educational opportunities for eligible North Carolina high school students in order to accelerate completion of college certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees that lead to college transfer or provide entry-level job skills.
Each step leading to and each step taken on pathways should prepare high school students for college, both academically and culturally. Therefore, the experience from start to completion will be aligned with a “traditional” college student’s experience. This alignment will ideally ensure students are able to accelerate into careers and college seamlessly after high school graduation.
Career and Technical Education Pathway students must:
- Be a HS junior or senior;
- Have a weighted high school GPA of at least 3.0 for admission OR be recommended by his/her high school;
- Be making progress toward high school graduation for admission and continued eligibility;
- Meet minimum prerequisites for the community college course(s) in which they plan to enroll; and
- Maintain at least a GPA of 2.0 after two community college courses for continued eligibility.
Programs of Study
The following programs are offered at the Orange County Campus.
Career and Technical Education Pathway
Earn credits toward a certificate, diploma, or degree and gain entry-level job skills.
Read more about eligibility requirements and the Test Score Placement Guide.
College Transfer Pathway
College-ready high school juniors and seniors can begin working on a bachelor’s degree by earning college credits now. Read more about the eligibility requirements and the programs of study.