Academic credit may be given for adequately documented and validated industry-recognized credentials.
- Faculty who wish to consider a credential(s) for approved credit in the program must provide the following information to their dean:
- The course(s) to which the professional credential applies
- The number of credit hours awarded
- The name of the professional organization that validates the credential
- Documentation that provides evidence that the competencies required for the credential also meet the learning outcomes or competencies of the course (e.g. comparison table)
- The dean will submit the information to the Vice President, Student Learning and Instructional Services for consideration.
- These credits must be approved by the Vice President, Student Learning and Instructional Services based on content and outcomes. Once approved by the vice
president, the information is then forwarded to Student Information and Records and posted to the college’s website with the appropriate program plan of study.
- Students who submit official documentation of a professional credential earned will be awarded credit for the approved course(s) associated with the program plan of study.
- The student must submit the official documentation to the Student Information and Records office (Phail Wynn, Jr. Student Services Center, Building 10, room 10-201).
- Once the documentation has been reviewed, the college will send an email to the student to confirm the completion of the evaluation.
- At that time, the student will be able to view any credit awarded in their student record.