For nonprofit organizations working with service-learning students
Thank you for allowing our students to learn more about your work and cause. We seek mutually beneficial relationships with our community partners, and we desire to ensure a positive, productive relationship. We respect your time, so we keep our requirements for student service-learning volunteers to a minimum. In exchange for the student’s service, we ask you to do the following:
- Provide any necessary orientations or trainings.
- Identify appropriate tasks.
- Provide a safe environment.
- Sign the form attesting to the student’s hours served.
- Complete a brief survey at the end of the student’s service (optional).
- Contact Eric Riney, Service-Learning coordinator at Durham Tech, at 919-536-7231, ext. 8078, or email@example.com, if you have any feedback or concerns.
Please contact Erin Riney, Service-Learning coordinator, to discuss potential collaborations. Please provide a list of opportunities for which you’re seeking volunteers (position titles) and any requirements you have (age restrictions, required training or orientation, desirable skills, etc.).