Applicants must be single parents who are admitted to an eligible Durham Tech college program, attend full- or part-time, and meet the following eligibility requirements:
- At the time of application, students must have completed a minimum of one semester at Durham Tech successfully. New students or students in their FIRST semester are not eligible. Students returning to Durham Tech after an absence may be required to complete a minimum of one current semester to establish eligibility.
- Applicants’ transcripts should demonstrate success with their classes and meet Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Students should be in good standing regarding federal financial aid.
- Note: Any student who has a bachelor’s degree is not eligible for assistance. Students who have an associate’s degree will be considered but may not be awarded assistance based on the applicant pool and available funding.
- Awards are contingent upon successful completion of current semester courses.
- Current childcare recipients will be given priority consideration for the subsequent semester.
- Courses outside of a student’s program do not count toward childcare awards.
- Online courses do not count toward childcare awards.
- Current Single Parent Program students may not be granted assistance for children born after initial acceptance by the Single Parent program.