Assistance with testing accommodations is provided to instructors who cannot provide the accommodation of extended time and/or distraction reduced environment because of scheduling conflict. Students who are approved for testing accommodation are expected to discuss how this accommodation will be provided when they submit their Accommodation Plan to their instructors.
If an instructor cannot provide the student with testing accommodations, the student should follow the steps below.
- Schedule the test with Disability Services at least five business days in advance by emailing a Disability Services staff member directly. Provide your name, the instructor’s name, the course name, and the date and time you want to test. Disability Services will notify the instructor of the appointment by email and place the you on the testing calendar to reserve a space.
- All tests should be scheduled at the same time of the in-class test or as near to that time as possible. If a request to take a test is at a different time from the class, you should discuss this with the instructor prior to scheduling the test.
- If you wish to change the test time or reschedule a missed test, you will need contact your instructor for approval. Test times will only be rescheduled by Disability Services at the direction of the instructor.
- If you arrive late for a test time, the test will be administered when a Disability Services staff member becomes available and you will forfeit the time missed.
- Only the test, pencils/pens, and scratch paper are allowed in the testing room unless specified on the Exam Information form. Items not normally allowed include cell phones, graphic calculators, notes, food/drinks. Disability Services staff are not liable for valuables in case of theft or damage.
- You are expected to use the restroom prior to starting the test and take needed breaks in the testing room. Breaks are only allowed if the instructor indicates it on the Exam Information form.
- Students receiving accommodations are bound by the Academic Integrity and Plagiarism Policy that applies to all Durham Tech students. The instructor will be notified if a student is found breaking the Academic Honesty Policy while testing with Disability Services.